What will you do when prevention fails and an incident occurs?
- How will you respond to incidents?
- How will you know when a lone worker needs help?
- How will you know where they are?
- What is the escalation strategy?
- When & who will call police & emergency services?
Lone Worker incidents will occur.
- Plan and train regularly
- Test all systems frequently
- Develop an incident actions flowchart
- Log and capture all incidents and near misses, ensure they are fully discussed amongst your staff and that lessons are learnt
- Update risk register and reporting systems
- Inform authorities of notifiable incidents